Tuesday, October 13, 2020

 The Little Video that Could

Expectations can be tricky, take for example the video below. I enjoy working with solar power and have designed and installed three systems, one system pretty large and complex for my standards. So when I decided to clean some solar panels I make a video. Nothing really planned let along notes or scripts (by the way I do very few notes and never a script), just gathered the bucket, soap, hose and a brush and got to work.

Once I posted the "How to Clean Solar Panels and Improve Performance" video it slowly started to gather views. A month goes by then another 3 or 4 months then all of a sudden the views picked up in a large way. Yes, I was surprised to see 20 to 30 view per day; something big for me at the time but not even at the scale of a micro-viral if there is even such a thing.

Now almost 2 years after posting, the solar panel cleaning video on most days is my number 1 video. Who would have ever thought an off the cuff wham-bam no planning video would do so well?

And that my Friends is the Behind the Scenes of my this video, hope you enjoy it and if you do please leave a comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment